andreya

Andreya's Asylum

Insanity, horror and dark fiction are my catharsis. Brutally honest reviews are on the house.

Professional Reader        80%

Review of Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Dark Matter: A Novel - Blake Crouch

I am absolutely in awe of this book. As a recent new-to-me author, I could not have been more blown away by Blake Crouch's novel Dark Matter. I vacillated between consuming and reading this slowly, because for as much as I didn't want to put it down, I also didn't want it to end.

Science fiction thrillers aren't usually my flavor of choice. For me it's typically like getting tea when I ordered coffee... and having that tea be decaf. The Martian by Andy Weir was my exception last year and Dark Matter is almost enough to make me change my reading preferences this year. Almost.

What would you do if you woke up and the world -your world- as you know it had changed? For Jason Dessen, one minute he is being kidnapped and the next-- he's not even the same person. We all say that we would love to wake up one day and be rich, to be someone else. What if someone else made that choice for you? For Jason Dessen that's not a choice he's willing to live with and he will stop at nothing to get back the life he lost--even if he's not really sure where that life is anymore.

"No one can take away your right to fight and to never surrender." - Never Surrender (Corey Hart)

This is a story of quantum physics which I found to be profoundly interesting. This is a story of just how remarkable your unremarkable life is once you don't have it any more. This is a story that will make you question your perception of not only reality but of the choices you have made in life that lead up to now. This is Dark Matter.

I received an e-ARC of this book from Crown Publishing and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.