andreya

Andreya's Asylum

Insanity, horror and dark fiction are my catharsis. Brutally honest reviews are on the house.

Professional Reader        80%

Review of Panacea by Adam Light

Panacea: A Novella of Horror - Adam   Light

My favorite story in the Dead Roses anthology, I was glad to see Panacea by Adam Light thriving on its own in the wild. This is also undoubtedly my favorite story by Adam to date.

Rob Arnold and his wife Molly are what every married couple strives for, with a love that far outweighs the years they have been together. The only thing in life that could ever tear them apart is Molly's cancer which every day brings Rob closer to losing the one thing he cares about. Willing to go to any lengths to stop this from happening, Rob desperately latches onto the first thing that he comes across promising a cure. Unfortunately nothing comes without a price and sometimes that price is far higher than you bargained for...

I'm not always a fan of short stories. If I like them I usually end up feeling cheated by the shortness of them and otherwise often they just sort of feel like an afterthought-- almost stories that want to be more... but aren't. That said, some of the best stories I've read have been shorts. I think it shows exceptional talent in a writer who can pull off a short story and not leave you wanting and Panacea is that story.