andreya

Andreya's Asylum

Insanity, horror and dark fiction are my catharsis. Brutally honest reviews are on the house.

Professional Reader        80%

Review of The Invasion by Brett McBean

The Invasion - Brett McBean

I am happy to say that I have a gorgeous signed/remarqued Thunderstorm edition of this  one and this is one of the coolest looking Thunderstorm books I own and also happens to be a kick-ass story.

I will admit that The Invasion started my spiral into full-blown Brett McBean addiction. As I look at all of the beautiful signed/limited edition McBean's I have amassed on my bookshelf over the last few months, I will also admit that it was worth it. In a genre where fear rules, Brett McBean may very well be king. Sorry, Stephen.

As you have probably already intuited, it's a book about a home invasion. My first thought was "how original," right? And then I read it. If you haven't already lost your hope for humanity, please check it at the door and make sure your cell phone is fully charged. This is a book that makes me both cringe and wonder who is sicker-- McBean for writing this or me for liking it? If you like to complain about our stereotypical "Millennials" just wait until you meet McBean's cult of killers and their not lack but non-existence of empathy for whatever toys happen to be in the box they choose to play with; in this case it is Debra and her unsuspecting Christmas dinner party whose stuffing and gears are about to become the main course.

Hi, my name is Andi and I have a problem. There are still some McBean books I have been unable to locate on this side of the world. All I have to say is buy this book. And maybe also someone get our favorite Aussie to the US please.