andreya

Andreya's Asylum

Insanity, horror and dark fiction are my catharsis. Brutally honest reviews are on the house.

Professional Reader        80%

Review of The Devil Crept In by Ania Ahlborn

The Devil Crept In - Ania Ahlborn

I have loved Ania Ahlborn since I first read The Bird Eater and have since read everything that she has published. Although I have liked some books better than others, I can't say that she has written anything that I didn't enjoy; I don't actually think she's capable of that. Ania has a style that is hard to pin down, but you know the moment you pick up one of her books that it's hers and that this is what you need to be reading. The Devil Crept In is a book that you need to be reading.

Stevie Clark is a 10 year old with an odd speech tic and not a lot going for him. Jude Brighton is Stevie's cousin, best friend, and the center of Stevie's world. When Jude suddenly goes missing, Stevie's life comes to a standstill. Jude being gone is not an option. The more time that passes, the more urgently Stevie knows it is that he finds him. The rumors, the murmuring around town about the Larsen kid, the missing pets, something still out there... Sometimes the truth is worse than your nightmares and a lot whole harder to wake up from.

Hey Jude... where are you?

The Devil Crept In is my favorite book of Ania's since Seed, which has stayed with me since I first read it several years ago. The same building tension. The same creep factor. And I know that a book has gotten into my head when I find myself mentally rhyming words in the same cadence as the main character. Oops. I won't likely be forgetting this one any time soon and will, as always, be impatiently awaiting her next book. Thanks for another great read, Ania.

I received an advanced copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This is it.