andreya

Andreya's Asylum

Insanity, horror and dark fiction are my catharsis. Brutally honest reviews are on the house.

Professional Reader        80%

Review of Fungoid by William Meikle

Fungoid - William Meikle
I knew when I first saw the cover release for Fungoid that I wanted to read it. The cover and the author did not disappoint. Dystopian/apocalyptic/pandemic stories are a personal favorite of mine; I can't get enough of them. I'm sure that says nothing about my disdain for humanity that I love reading about them getting wiped out.

William Meikle does an excellent job giving us a contagion that not only falls from the sky but that creeps into your soul. When something that we made in a lab is far more dangerous than anything mother nature could throw at us, living may actually be far more terrifying than dying. When it calls for you, will you answer?

Although Tormented is still my all time favorite book by William Meikle, Fungoid came in a pretty close second. Meikle is still one of my favorite DarkFuse authors and always a solid read.

I received this book from NetGalley and DarkFuse in exchange for an honest review.